§1. General regulations
- The 19th International Congress of Young Medical Scientists, further named a Congress, is a forum for the exchange of knowledge and scientific experience and a competition among the best scientific papers of students and young medical scientists.
- The Congress will be held on 30th of May - 1st of June 2019 at the Center of Medical Biology of Poznań University of Medical Sciences (Rokietnicka 8 Street, Poznań) in Poland.
- The Conference is organized by the Students’ Scientific Society of Poznań University of Medical Sciences (hereinafter referred: STN).
- The Conference will hold the following scientific sessions: Internal Medicine; Oncology and Radiotherapy; Neurology, Psychiatry and Neurosurgery; Paediatrics and Neonatology; Basic Life Science; Public Health; Gynecology and Obstetrics; Surgery; Dermatology and Sexually Transimitted Diseases; Orthopedics, Physiology and Sports Medicine; Cardiology and Hypertension; Clinical Pharmacy; Synthesis and Technology in Pharmacy; Dentistry, Head and Neck Diseases; Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine; Radiology; Case Report Surgical; Case Report Non-surgical; PhD Clinical Sciences; PhD Basic Sciences.
- The number and names of listed scientific sessions may be changed by the Organizers if needed.
- A particular session will take place only if 6 or more scientific papers are accepted in the review process. If the number of papers for a specific session does not meet this requirement, the organizers will transfer them to a session which is most closely related to the topic.
- Maximum number of works in sessions is 20 – in a case of greater number of papers, organizers may decide to divide session.
- Scientific Committee consists of acknowledged specialists.
- Organizing Committee consists of The Board of Students’ Scientific Society.
- Organizing Committee appoints Coordinators of Scientific Sessions, whose main tasks will be to organize, prepare and care for thematic sessions of the Conference.
- The official website of the conference is www.icyms.com
- The official language of Conference is English.
§2. Abstract guidelines
- The Scientific Committee encourages the submission of original scientific material and case reports which were not presented at previous editions of International Congress of Young Medical Scientists in Poznań or any other congress or conference.
- The deadline for abstract submission is March 19th, 2019. Submissions received after this deadline will not be considered.
- The Organizers maintain the right to postpone deadline for abstract submission.
- Abstracts are accepted via electronic registration on the Conference Website.
- The abstract has to consist of 5 parts: introduction, aim of the study, material and methods, results, conclusions.
- The Case Report Session abstract should consist of 3 parts: background, case report, conclusions.
- Abstracts should be submitted in clear British or American English.
- The first and presenting author of submitted abstract must be student or graduate till 3 years after graduation (including medical interns and PhD students).
- Abstracts must include the names of the author, co-authors and tutor (which are not counted in word limit).
- The abstract should not be longer than 300 words and is not allowed to contain grids, graphs nor picture images. Phrases like: introduction, aim of the study, metarial etc. DO NOT COUNT in word limit.
- The first/presenting author will receive a confirmation of acceptance for oral presentation in bookmark "Your profile - welcome" and via email till 1st of May 2019.
- The acceptance process is finished at the moment of the conference fee payment.
- Jury assess abstracts and accept them to be presented during 19th ICYMS.
- If the work will have been rejected, decision of the Jury is final and undisuptable
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the abstract book available at the first day of Congress and included in Congress material for all active and passive participants.
- The Scientific Committee maintain the right to reject any abstract that does meet below requirements or is inviolation of them, to change the form of presented abstracts and to transfer them to another session.
- We do not accept review papers.
§3. Principles and forms of presentations
- The scientific papers are presented orally.
- The presentation should be sent to an appropriate session coordinator, before deadline set by the coordinator. All animations and sound files are attached by the authors at their own responsibility.
- Presenter in an oral session has 7 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for the discussion.
- Presenter of a case report has 5 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for the discussion.
- The presenting author is allowed to keep the time of the presentation precisely. Author is obliged to stick to the time him/herself. When possible there would be time time left displayed on the screen.
- The first author is presenting author and is obligated to participate in the discussion after finishing of the presentation. Co-authors are not allowed to participate in the discussion.
- The official language of presentation is English. All presenting authors should be able to present the paper in English and respond to the questions.
§4. Terms of competition during the Conference
- Positively reviewed papers have the right to be presented during the Congress and will take part in the competition.
- Each session has a specially established Jury, consisting of acknowledged specialists in the particular field.
- Depending on the number of papers presented in each session Jury awards 3, 2, or 1 prize in each session. 3 prizes are awarded when there are at least 12 presentations, 2 prizes when there are between 9 and 12 presentations and 1 prize when there are less then 9 presentations.
- The special prizes are awarded by the Jury of a particular session, unless the prize founder states otherwise.
- The winners of each session (first prize winners) qualify to the Golden Session of the Congress. (details below)
- The evaluation of the Jury is ultimate and undisputable.
- Coordinators of a particular session have the right to exclude a scientific paper from the competition if the person registering an abstract or presenting a paper does not abide the regulations of the 19th International Congress of Young Medical Scientists.
- Prizes will be awarded at the closing ceremony held on June 1st, 2019, after the Golden Session and final lecture.
- Prizes that have not been received during closing ceremony due to winner absence will be stored in STN office which is located in "DS. Karolek" room 2.15. Rokietnicka St. 5E, in Poznan until six months after Congress.
- Prizes that have not been received during closing ceremony can be received in STN office by winner personally or can be sent on winner's expence.
§5. Golden Session
- Organizing Committee establishes Golden Session which is final part of competition in Congress.
- Golden Session is based on presentation and discussion over the best papers during the Congress
- Papers which have won each, specialized session are qualified to Golden Session.
- Only first place winning paper can be qualified to Golden Session. Participants ranked on next places cannot be qualified in case of absence of the winner.
- In case of two or more winners of session, with exactly the same amount of points, all of them are qualified to the Golden Session.
- Case reports winners are not qualified to Golden Session. However regular prizes are given for Case Reports, as for any other session (places 1-3)
- Presentation should last max. 7 minutes and discussion should take no longer than 5 minutes.
- Presenting author is responsible for fitting into time limit. Assessment form includes that issue. Presentation taking more than 7 minutes can be interrupted by Organizer.
- Presentations are assessed by Jury. Members of Jury are experienced scientists working at PUMS and possibly visiting professors.
- Jury should choose the Head of Jury, who is responsible for fair and proper assessment of papers.
- Assessment of paper in Golden Session is based on prepared form, which is focused mostly on: way of presentation, ability to discuss the topic and answering the questions as well as fitting time limit and value of the research.
- Each paper is assessed independently by Jury members.
- After session assessment forms are collected by Organizer and points are counted. Ranking list is based on mean amount of points collected for presentation from all members of the Jury.
- For places 1-3 Prizes are given. They are called „Special Prize of President of Poznań University of Medical Sciences for the best presentation“ Winners of Golden Session shall be considered as winners of competition in Congress.
§6. Registration Fees
- The registration process for ACTIVE participants starts on 19th of February, 2019.
- The registration process for PASSIVE participants starts on 30th of April, 2019.
- Deadline for registration and fee payment for passive participant is May 22nd and for active participants one week after confirmation of paper acceptation. After this time, no fee will be considered as an active participant and will not be returned.
- Organizing Committee has the right to postpone given dates.
- The registration fee is 150 PLN (40 Euro) for active participants and 120 PLN (25 Euro) for passive participants. The members of STN at Poznań Univeristy of Medical Sciences are allowed to pay reduced fee of 130 PLN for active participation and 100 PLN for passive.
- The one and only form of the registration fee payment is a money transfer to a bank account of the Students Scientific Society of Poznań University of Medical Sciences via PayPal plug-in on Congress Website
- The active participant is scientific paper presenting author.
- STN is not able to refund registration fees, any refund request will be refused.
- All active and passive participants (except auditors) are provided with a conference welcomebag (consisting of abstract book, conference gadgets and extra materials) as well as certificate of participation and has priority in registration for extra workshops organised during conference.
- Auditors are provided with admittance to scientific sessions and lectures without any charges.
§7. Final Points
- The registration of a scientific paper is equivalent with the approval of these regulations and consent for processing of all data given during the registration of the scientific paper for the purposes of the Students Scientific Society statute and Conference Organizing Committee tasks, for a preparation of the participant's name tags, abstract book, publishing the abstracts and results of the competition on the Students Scientific Society Website and Congress Webpage.
- The registration as an Active or Passive participant is equivalent with the approval of processing personal data in order to create name tags of participants.
- Interpretation of these regulations and settlement of any problems which are not included in regulations should be resolved by the Organizing Commitee.
Please be advised that in accordance with art. 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter "GDPR", the following applies:
- 1. The administrator of your personal data is Poznan University of Medical Sciences. In all matters concerning the processing of personal data and the use of rights related to their processing, you can contact the Data Protection Supervisor at the following address: e-mail: email@example.com
- 2. Your personal data is processed in connection with the participation in the event and sending certificates of attendance and presentation.
The course of the event: 19th International Congress of Young Medical Scientists taking place in Centrum Biologii Medycznejat ul. Rokietnicka 8, 60-608 Poznań and Centrum Kongresowo - Dydaktyczne UMP at ul. Przybyszewskiego 37a, 60-608 Poznań is covered by publishing photo-reports on the websites of the Poznan University of Medical Sciences.
- 3. Your personal data will not be transferred to other entities.
- 4. You have the right to obtain information regarding processing by the Poznan University of Medical Sciences about personal data, demanding their rectification, removal or limitation of processing of their data, the right to transfer the data provided and the right to object to the processing.
- 5. You have the right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the law.
Personal Data Administrator - Poznan University of Medical Sciences,ul. Fredry 10, 61-701 Poznań informs that:
- 1. You have the right to access your data and rectify it, delete it, limit processing, the right to transfer data, the right to be forgotten, the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data.
- 2. Data can be made available by the Poznan University of Medical Sciences,ul. Fredry 10, 61-701 Poznań, to entities authorized to obtain information.
- The given data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 point a) and in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 (RODO) of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95 / 46 / EC (general regulation on data protection) (DZ.U.U.L.2016.119.1.) - from 25 May 2018,
- Contact to the Data Protection Officer at the Poznan University of Medical Sciences, ul. Fredry 10, 61-701 Poznań, email: abi.ump. @ Ump.edu.pl
- You have the right to file a complaint to UODO, if you feel that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016.